Role: Assistant Curriculum Leader for English
Specific responsibilities within the department to be agreed on appointment
Grade: MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633) + TLR 2b (£4,591)
Accountable to: Curriculum Leader for English
Why choose this role and Leeds West Academy?
· Ideal for a teacher wanting to take their first steps into curriculum leadership
· Unrivalled career enhancement opportunity, working within the fastest improving Trusts in the North of England
· Significant investment in leadership development, including a fully sponsored Masters programme
· An amazing opportunity to join an innovative and research-driven faculty
· Significant package of benefits through Perkbox including:
Ø hundreds of discounts and freebies from leading brands, including healthy and organic food retailers
Ø savings in all areas of life, from food and drink to travel and gyms
Ø rewards hub and recognition platform to celebrate outstanding employees
Ø access to The Boxx Method workouts and employee support to boost personal and professional wellbeing
To contribute to leading the development of English in the curriculum at Leeds West Academy.
Purpose of job:
As part of a small team of middle leaders within English, the Assistant Curriculum Leader will
· Be committed to supporting the achievement of all our young people in the English curriculum, both in lessons and through extra-curricular provision, through their learning from 11-18 and beyond.
· Contribute to designing and developing an outstanding, innovative and creative English curriculum.
· Develop, in all students and teachers of English, versatile skills and attitudes required for lifelong learning in a rapidly changing world.
· Ensure that teachers within the English team are provided with high quality training opportunities, which enable them to be highly effective practitioners.
· Hold teachers of English to account for their performance.
Develop positive external relationships at a local and strategic level, in partnership with The White Rose Academies Trust and others, to promote the continued development of the Academy, as a central resource for the community.
Developing constructive professional relationships:
· Have high expectations of our students including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, supportive and constructive relationships with them.
· Communicate promptly and effectively with parent(s)1, conveying timely and relevant information about attainment, objectives, progress and well-being.
· Have a commitment to collaboration and co-operative working.
· Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues, and sharing the development of effective practice with them.
· Promote the academy vision and values and an ethos in which the highest achievements are expected from all members of the academy community.
· Establish and develop effective team working practices.
· Contribute to the development of rigorous procedures for monitoring the performance of all members of the English department, including setting objectives and individual personal development plans, including reference to the Trust’s staff appraisal policies.
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing date: Monday 21st May at 12 noon
Interviews: Friday 25th May 2018
Start date: September 2018
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ in order to download an application form. Once completed please email to email@example.com