Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, Harrow Bangkok is part of a family of schools in the UK and Asia who share a similar ethos and high standards. Benefitting from a 35-acre garden campus in one of the world’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow Bangkok is firmly established, highly respected and consistently popular with more than 1,600 boys and girls aged 18 months to 18 years, including 15% who board. Graduates achieve world-class examination results and move on to high-ranking universities worldwide following a progressive, rigorous academic education aligned with a strong commitment to developing the whole person.The Lower School at Harrow Bangkok ranges from Lion Cubs (18 months old) to Year 5 (10 year olds) and we wish to build the already thriving talent base in this area of the school through the highest quality teaching and enrichment of extra-curricular opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced senior leader who will be responsible for overseeing the pedagogy and curriculum within the Lower School. The successful candidate will play a lead role under the overall direction of the Head of Lower School, (HoLS), in formulating the aims and objectives of the Lower School (LS) and establish the policies through which they are to be achieved. To be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all students including monitoring of progress towards achievement, proactively manage staff, coordinate professional development and resources. The successful candidate will support the Head of Lower School in driving forward improvements and maintaining excellent outcomes for our students.
We are seeking a high performing music teacher for this post commencing in August 2022. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions. The right candidate will have a wider leadership role based around the whole school vision but with an emphasis on promoting the best provision for our Lower School students (18 month old to 10 years old).
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements.
• Recognised Teaching qualification e.g. UK PGCE, QTS or B.Ed or international equivalent
• Secure knowledge of UK Primary Curriculum across relevant subject(s)
• Experience of teaching music and the ability to play at least one musical instrument with brass or woodwind being highly advantageous
• Detailed knowledge of and experience with EYFS beneficial and experience across multiple phases beneficial
• A professional with minimum three years teaching experience
• Passion for teaching music and commitment to educating the whole child and consideration of the well-being of children
• Ability to manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• Ability to make an enthusiastic contribution to the wider life and ethos of our school
• Respect for all members of the school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background and able to communicate effectively with staff members and parents
• Excellent ICT Skills and experience of using ICT to support teaching and learning
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children
• Appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
How to apply
• Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button below in order to complete our online application form
Sunday, 10th December 2022 at midnight GMT (We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline.)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
• Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find Prospectus in this link
Please find Professional Development Bulletin in this link
More information is available on our website https://www.harrowschool.ac.th/about-us/recruitment/information-for-applicants
Harrow International School Bangkok
Harrow Bangkok is the original Harrow International School in Asia, founded in 1998. The school is thriving, with its own reputation for educational excellence as one of the leading schools in Thailand and So...