We need a Assistant Headteacher who understands our challenges and who has the heart to make us the best we can be. Our leaders and staff place a strong emphasis on positive attitudes, high quality learning and a strong team approach.
St Helen’s Primary Academy works closely with Meadstead and Shafton Primaries in Barnsley and we will challenge and support you with your career goals while you are part of the ‘St Helen’s Primary’ family.
As a driven, focussed leader, your track record of improving results will make you perfect for this role. You will support the Headteacher and lead an area of negotiated specialism within the Academy. The successful candidate will need to be motivated, innovative, flexible and have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of needs. They will have a passion for developing and extending potential in both our pupils and staff team by recognising and nurturing individual qualities and strengths, thus driving St Helen’s Primary Academy forward to become an outstanding academy of the future.
The successful candidate should have:
- The ability to demonstrate outstanding leadership and an excellent record of classroom practice.
- The skills of working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs.
- Creativity and vision to inspire and lead change ensuring successful outcomes for pupils.
- Ability to lead staff in planning and teaching for a wide range of pupils, including those with SEND.
- Ability to develop teaching in others and to have good knowledge of assessment.
- The ability to work effectively within the senior leadership team to achieve excellence.
- Excellent communication, management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working in partnership with parents, professionals, governors, the wider community and leadership and management of a pastoral team.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
So how will we look after you? We offer you...
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and happy children who always give their best.
- Friendly, committed and supportive staff, parents and governance
- An energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued.
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Eligibility for teaching leaders funding and we would support an application to teaching leaders for the right candidate
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking
Closing date: Friday 22 February 2019
Interviews scheduled to take place week commencing Monday 25 February 2019
We want to show you in person everything on offer. Vikki Lewis, the Headteacher will be delighted to give you a tour of the school, please call 01226 295210 to arrange a time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.