Top 6 of Croydon Schools for 2016 GCSE Results
This is an exciting opportunity to join Thomas More Catholic School. We are an above national average, popular 11 – 19 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley.
- 2016 GCSE results C grade or above in English and Maths 66%
- Progress 8: +0.28
- Attainment 8: 5.10
Part of the school’s mission is to provide excellent quality teaching and learning. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. We aim for educational excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
The Governing Body will appoint an Assistant Headteacher who has the ability to:
- Support the spiritual life of the school
- Support the Head of School in taking the school to ‘outstanding’ and beyond
- Contribute to the strategic direction and development of the school
- Challenge, motivate and inspire others and be part of a successful team
- Continue to raise achievement and standards across the school
- Establish outstanding professional relationships with staff, students and parents
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
- Maintain the good behaviour and discipline at the school
- Maintain the good levels of care, guidance and support
Note, you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 5th May 2017
Shortlisting date: Friday, 12th May 2017
Interview dates: Tuesday, 16th May / Tuesday, 23rd May 2017
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).
SSAT Network Member | Erasmus+ and International Schools Award Holder
Executive Headteacher: Mrs R Holden. Head of School: Ms J Okokon
Russell Hill Road, Purley, Surrey CR8 2XP
T. 0208 668 6251