Assistant Team Leader of English
Start: January 2019 (or sooner if possible)
Main Scale + TLR 2.2 (possibility of UPS)
We are looking for an English Teacher who is enthusiastic, committed and an inspiring classroom teacher with a passion for English and keen to assist the leadership of one of our highest performing subjects.
- Is popular and highly respected within and beyond the local community
- Moved into a brand new state-of-the-art PFI building in November 2012 with fantastic
- facilities across all areas of the curriculum
- Was judged by Ofsted (September 2018) to be “Good”
Our English results have been consistently over 70% 4-9 for the past 4 years, and there has been an increase in 5-9 grades from 2017 to 2018. English continues to be one of our flagship departments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to be an inspirational and outstanding teacher
- Have a commitment and strong motivation to improve student attainment
- Be innovative, creative and flexible
- Be committed to working restoratively, promoting Chilton Trinity’s inclusive culture of high expectations and outcomes for all
- Be enthusiastic to work collaboratively within the team.
- Have the resolve and resilience to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
Please telephone to speak to the Headteacher, Mr J Lamb as soon as possible if you are interested in this position. More information and an application form can be found on our website: www.chilton-trinity.co.uk or by clicking Apply below.
All applications including application form and covering letter should be submitted as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is Monday 15th October 2018 at 9.00am however, applications will be considered as soon as they are received. Completed applications should be emailed to EKing@educ.somerset.gov.uk
Interviews w/c Monday 15th October 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS.