Position: Assistant Team Leader - Infrastructure
Salary Range: $105,882 - $119,172 per annum pending experience
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Commencing Date: As soon as practicable
Location: Eastbrook Centre, Townsville
Closing Date: Wednesday, 08 December 2021
Townsville Catholic Education supports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the South, North to Ingham and Halifax, South-West to Winton, and West to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Townsville Catholic Education Office, Kirwan is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Assistant Team Leader - Infrastructure. This is a Full Time, Permanent role commencing as soon as practicable.
About the role
The Assistant Team Leader - Infrastructure assists in leading a team of Information Technology professionals and delivering a number of services within the Information Technology and Services Team (ITS). The Assistant Team Leader - Infrastructure manages and maintains the service compliance of all IT Infrastructure in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes for the provision of services to achieve Townsville Catholic Education (TCE) strategic outcomes.
Working with key stakeholders, the Assistant Team Leader - Infrastructure has a delivery focus that identifies opportunities to provide creative solutions for improved services and outcomes within ITS.
The Assistant Team Leader - Infrastructure will contribute to the Infrastructure team configuration; planning, monitoring and managing Infrastructure services across TCE. Additionally, the incumbent will recommend and implement approved changes to improve and create efficiencies in the ITS Service Catalogue. The incumbent will contribute to the development of business continuity and Infrastructure planning to enable TCE to maintain and enhance information technology.
- Assist the Team Leader Infrastructure in leading day-to-day management, resource planning and work allocation of the Infrastructure team to meet agreed-on service levels. Ensures that monitoring of the performance of IT Infrastructure through all channels (human, digital, and automated) is carried out; metrics and reports are analysed and issues are resolved
- Work closely with the Building and Facilities teams within TCE for continual improvement in delivering appropriate IT Infrastructure for new and existing works
- Direct responsibility for engagement and coordinating external contractors for the provision of IT Infrastructure
- Establish and maintain collaborative working arrangements with other teams within ITS, TCE and external service providers, to ensure quality service outcomes for students, teachers, staff and schools
- Effectively acquire, maintain and apply knowledge of relevant Information Technology standards, best practices, and processes to ensure quality service outcomes for students, teachers, staff and schools
- Design large or complex systems, undertaking impact analysis on major design options and trade-offs
- Take responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance (including storage, modification and communication of data, voice, text, audio and images) and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitors their performance
- Lead and contribute to project activities and programs as required
- Participate in the development of goals and ITS planning
- Research suppliers and maintains a broad understanding of the ICT environment to inform and develop procurement strategies and plans
- Develop and prepare business and analytical reports, and respond to internal correspondence
- Adopt and adapt appropriate systems design methods, tools and techniques, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches
- May be required to take the lead in Confidential Data Requests
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as reasonably directed
- At least 5 years experience working in IT roles
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing and planning IT Infrastructure
- Proven history of professional and confidential work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of, and resilience in, managing stressful situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of vendor contract management
- Proven communication skills with the ability to motivate, model, engender a commitment to productive team culture
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills, with the ability to facilitate difficult conversations
- Highly developed attention to detail with the ability to balance competing deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders across primary and secondary school settings
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a broad stakeholder group.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a valid blue card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
- Current Driver Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville and interstate
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner
- It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- ITIL v4 Qualifications
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Relevant industry experience in the education sector.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $105,882 - $119,172
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a cover letter to support your application.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Human Resources email@example.com
Application close: 5pm Wednesday, 08 December 2021
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
View other vacancies here.