Assistant Vice Principal
L13-17 - £53,724 - £59,265
Maltings Academy is graded ‘Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
Due to expansion, we are recruiting an Assistant Vice Principal to join our SLT. Reporting to the Vice Principal, you will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
We actively welcome applications from experienced Middle Leaders looking for their next step, as well as from experienced Assistant Heads looking to further develop their career.
We are looking for:
- The right person who can add value to an ambitious and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team
- Senior Leadership experience or significant middle leadership experience
- Vision, drive and flair as you join a team of staff that values are student centred
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate school improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the Academy and creating an ethos in which students feel secure and valued
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards
- Our commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
- BHSF membership which provides support and employee benefits including a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare costs, an employee assistance programme and savings from a range of retailers
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Discounted membership at two local leisure centres
Visits to the academy are welcomed. For an informal discussion about the post, and to arrange a visit please contact James Forbes, Head of Academy via Julie Joiner (PA to Head of Academy) on 01376 512 911 x1206 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work closely with our sister academy, New Rickstones Academy, also in Witham and have a joint Sixth Form provision. Although this role is based at Maltings Academy, all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
- More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Sunday 19 May
Shortlisting date: Monday 20 May
Interview dates: Thursday 23 May & Friday 24 May
Start date: September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'apply now' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.