Harris Academy Beckenham opened in September 2011, joining the highly successful Federation of Harris academies in London. The academy has specialisms in Science and Enterprise, using these to accelerate and innovate learning across all subject areas. Since converting, results have dramatically improved and we secured a judgment of ‘Outstanding’ from Ofsted in 2017.
We are looking to hire an Attendance Officer to join our busy Student Information Centre at the 'Outstanding' Harris Academy Beckenham.
Working as part of an experienced, collaborative and talented team, your role will be to provide support the Senior Team with crucial attendance data, therefore experience of working with data and generating reports is essential.
What we are looking for:
- A full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice, with an understanding of the principles of good student attendance
- The ability to plan effective actions for students with poor attendance, based on an understanding of a range of welfare issues that may be affecting them and their family
- The ability to use ICT effectively to secure good attendance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, being able to relate well to a wide range of people
Why work at Harris Academy Beckenham?
The academy works within the wider Harris Federation, a supportive and highly successful group of academies. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris Academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
As a member of the Harris Federation of schools we can offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Staff benefits including free membership of a health cash plan.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- Excellent learning resources.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Ms. A. O'Donnell, Resources Director, via A.ODonnell@harrisbeckenham.org.uk.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.