Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, the Harrow family in Asia has a comparable ethos and similar high standards.
Set on a spacious, garden site in one of the world’s most diverse and vibrant cities, we are Harrow’s original school in Asia and are thriving, with a roll of almost 1,600 (20% of the Upper School are boarders), progressive approaches to learning, a strong commitment to community service and outstanding academic results.
We are looking for a Boarding House Parent with effect August 2018. The post is a residential non-teaching role. The post holder is a key member of the boarding team, supporting the delivery of pastoral care to the School’s 150 boarders. The role requires an approachable, positive and warm person who is available to all boarders without discrimination or favouritism and who can work well with a range of colleagues.
Working as part of a team of residential staff, the post holder will be responsible for assisting in the managing of one of our three boarding houses. Each house is lavishly appointed and named after similar houses at Harrow, UK.
If you are proactive, caring and energetic, with a mature attitude and genuine interest in working with young people we would love to hear from you.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements:
- Educated to degree level
- Have a positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- Able to establish a healthy rapport with pupils, staff, parents and careers
- Have a high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Able to work effectively and harmoniously as part of an energetic, cohesive and hardworking team
- Be strong with organisation, writing and IT skills
- Have recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Have respect for all members of the School community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Have previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
How to apply
- Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button in order to complete our online application form
- All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, 5th November 2017 (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening.
Leadership for a better world