Business Administration Apprentice – Level 3
£182.63 per week
37 hours per week term time only plus 15 days during school holidays
2 Year apprenticeship
8.30am to 4.30pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday, with 30 mins for lunch
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop and build on their skills in a varied role. The Snaith School are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to provide administration and clerical support for the whole school, including the creation and maintenance of display boards and classroom resources.
• An innovative and forward looking High Performing Specialist School
• A high achieving school striving for excellence
• A community which values the achievement of all its members and supports personal achievement
• Will have GCSE Mathematics and English at grade 4 (grade C) or above, or equivalent
• Will have a high level of IT literacy in all Microsoft Office applications
• Are able to communicate effectively and work well as part of a successful team
• Will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and enjoy handling a variety of tasks
• Will have a commitment to supporting the school and school policies
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Business Administration Apprentice, whilst working towards the level 3 Business Administration qualification, will provide administration and clerical support for the whole school and undertake any word processing requirements when requested by teaching and support staff. The Business Administration Apprentice will create and review the display boards around school, following requests from teaching and SLT staff. Under instruction from teaching staff, teaching resources will be researched and prepared. A positive image of the department and school must be portrayed at all times.
• To complete all word processing and data input tasks using a full range of software
• To provide excellent customer service during lunch times and on a relief basis whilst on our busy reception desk
• To prepare display material and classroom resources under instruction from teachers
• Create engaging, visual display boards around school, following instruction
• Complete administration tasks such as photocopying and filing when requested
• Embrace school life in the whole
• In the event of the absence of colleagues to work flexibly and cover urgent work as required, ensuring that the administration of all areas is supported appropriately.
• To safeguard children and vulnerable adults from harm and to report concerns in accordance with the School’s policy.
• To deal professionally with colleagues and external partners as required.
• To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the school’s documentation and information in line with General Data Protection Regulation (EU/2016)
• To attend training/refresher courses and meetings as required by the Line Manager.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its mission and ethos, and to encourage students to follow this example.
• To comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
• To carry out other such appropriate duties that maybe reasonably required to successfully carry out the role.
• To perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.