Philip Morant School & College
Careers Adviser, Work Experience & Engagement Co-ordinator
Pay Range: Local Government Band 4 to Mid-point (2020 Scale 7)
32.5 Hours per week - 39 weeks per year
Actual Salary From £18,507
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking an outstanding and inspirational Careers Adviser to provide impartial information, advice and guidance to help people make realistic choices about education, training and work.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• To be responsible for Careers Education modules for the PSHE programme in Years 7-11, in close co-operation with the relevant Head of Year.
• To co-ordinate, the extended work experience / visit / engagement programme from Years 7 – 11.
• To lead the programme of individual careers interviews.
• To liaise with Heads of House, Tutors and Learning Support for background information prior to careers interviews.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• An understanding of, and support for, the ethos of the school.
• Level 6 Qualification in CEIAG, registered with CDI OR prepared to gain this qualification in your own time but with possible financial support from school
• A keen interest in the concerns of students and an understanding of the factors that impact on young people and their decision making abilities.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage students, staff and parents.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Philip Morant School and college?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle to Work Scheme.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 259. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 26th January 2020