Philip Morant School And College
Essex, United Kingdom
About Philip Morant School And College
Do you want to work in a school...
• with fantastic young people and staff who dream big and work hard to realise their
dreams? with 50 years of tradition alongside modern and progressive values?
which is rediscovering the depth of its culture and values?
• that serves the most delicious school meals? (Sausage and bacon brioche butties, roast beef on a Wednesday, freshly battered cod & chips on a Friday and great vegetarian options)
• that priorities the curriculum over gimmicky initiatives?
• with a clear, systematic and centralised approach to student support, safeguarding,
inclusion and behaviour?
• which is part of a large yet locally based Trust, which opens up a myriad of career
If the answer to these questions is ‘Yes!’, then please consider The Philip Morant School & College as a place to make your mark as a teacher and develop your future career in the greatest of professions.
The Philip Morant School & College
Philip Morant is a popular mixed comprehensive in north-east Essex. It is a happy school in which students feel nurtured, achieve highly and are well prepared for the next stage of their education. We have made significant progress since our last Ofsted inspection, including two sets of fantastic examination results. Over the last three years students have performed well, with more students achieving strong passes (grade 5+) in both English and Maths.
• 66% of students achieving a grade 5 or above in English
• 56% of students achieving a grade 5 or above in maths, with 51% achieving a grade 5 in both. This trend is increasing over time
• 20% of students achieving a grade 7 or above in English and/or Maths
• An increasing Progress 8 score which places The Philip Morant School above national
• Strengthened governance & leadership with the appointment of a Head of School, two Deputy Headteachers and new Assistant Headteachers to lead improvement in areas such as SEND, Behaviour, Personal Development and Well-being and Standards
• Revision of our curriculum to ensure that it is challenging, well-sequenced and knowledge- rich
• Further improvements in attendance & behaviour through launching and embedding a new Behaviour for Learning Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy, as well as appointing Heads of Year to lead the care, guidance and support provided for our young people
• High SLT presence around the school with a centralised behaviour management system
• The launch of a new Rewards Programme
• The re-introduction of targeted homework in order to support students with the acquisition of knowledge and development of their understanding
• The relaunch of our Sixth Form College under the name ‘Sigma Sixth Colchester’ as well as hosting the Sigma Sixth Sports Academy.
• An increase in the school roll in the last two years by more than a hundred students. We now have over 1750 students on roll.
The Philip Morant School & College ethos is encapsulated in three words: ‘Aspiration, Success and Kindness’ which underpin our approach to all aspects of school life. Philip Morant is ambitious for all of its students in their pursuit of excellence whether that is in the classroom, on the football pitch, the stage or working within the community.
We are committed to achieving the highest standards and delivering an holistic education and
experiences which prepare our students for the next stage in their education, training or work place.
Please feel free to contact us on 01206 545222 if you require any further information about the school.
We would welcome the opportunity to show you why we are so proud of our school.
The Philip Morant School is located in the Prettygate suburb of Colchester. The school is easily accessible by the A12 and is approximately 19 miles from Ipswich and 25 miles from Chelmsford. There is ample car parking on the school site. The school has excellent bus routes from Colchester North Station.