Floreat Wandsworth – Class Teacher (FS, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2)
"Everything is positive!" - Floreat teacher
Floreat Wandsworth Primary School is a new school serving a community of happy children and supportive parents. We opened in September 2015 and we currently have a Nursery class and two classes in Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4. We are looking forward to opening our Year 5 classrooms in September!
We are looking for a teacher with spark, drive and grit to help our children flourish in either EYFS, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
Please download our Recruitment Pack for more details (& photos of our pupils!)
3 Quotes from our Ofsted Inspection (June 2018):
'The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Pupils want to learn. All those who spoke to inspectors said that they enjoy learning.'
'Pupils are resilient learners. Adults reinforce the message that a ‘wrong’ answer is actually a learning opportunity. As a result, pupils remain confident and ready to share their ideas with others.'
'Leaders and staff are ambitious for their school. Together, they have created a happy and harmonious school, underpinned by their vision to ensure ‘every pupil flourishes’.'
You will share our core values and be totally committed, as we are, to Every Child Flourishing.
Your virtues will include:
- Drive and perseverance continually to evaluate, improve and learn.
- Genuine belief in the potential of every child to be knowledgeable and virtuous.
- High standards of behaviour and scholarly culture in an inner city school.
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
We can offer you:
- A new building with fantastic facilities in which you can create your very own learning environment.
- An energetic and happy school team who will share your enthusiasm to build a great school from scratch.
- A superb professional development programme and career opportunities within Floreat.
- Opportunities to develop your own ideas and personality to make our school even better!
- Support from an exceptionally skilled team including our CEO, Janet Hilary who is a National Leader of Education.
- Training and regular visits from the wider education community such as Pie Corbett (Talk4Writing) and John Walker (Sounds-Write).
- Parents who tell us they love what we do and are ready to give you their full support.
- An easy commute! Our school has superb public transport links and a parking space for your car if required.
Come and meet the Headteacher, Mr Custance, and see what we do here at Floreat!
Please call the school on 020 8353 4195 or email email@example.com to book yourself onto a school tour on either Monday 23rd March or Tuesday 24th March.
Times available: 7.30am, 11am or 4.30pm.
Applications forms and cover letters should be addressed to the Headteacher, Mr Custance, and sent in hard copy to Floreat Wandsworth Primary School, 305 Garratt Lane, London SW18 4EQ or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Main Pay Scale (Inner London) – TLRs available
Dates: Apply by Friday 27th March @ 5pm or sooner.
Interview: Tuesday 31st March
Job start: September 2020
Location: Floreat Wandsworth Primary School, Earlsfield
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Reports to: the Headteacher
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.