Reporting to the Head of User Generated Content, the Content Producer will assist in the delivery of strategic development plans for Resources to ensure that the content provision is relevant and compelling for audience by subject and age-range. Contributing to an editorial publishing schedule, the Content Producer will deliver curated content packages in order to meet the needs and interests of teachers using the Resources platform.
· Ownership of appointed audiences by subject and age-range; to write and schedule content plans and organise the production of work to this schedule
· Research, write, compile and deliver curated content for a range of user groups on Tes Resources according to the Resources strategic content plan; curated content packages include audience-specific newsletters, onsite collections and sets of materials selected to match Tes editorial features
· Support initiatives to ensure that materials on the site are high quality, including through onsite endorsements.
· Assist in the production of commissioned work; coordinate the contributions of consultants, ensure the timely delivery of materials to meet publishing schedules
· Work with marketing and social media colleagues to ensure content is planned into cross-departmental schedules in order to drive engagement with resources content
· Write proposals for new content projects to submit to the strategic content plan
· Responsibility for the production process of individually-owned content projects; manage the administration and internal communication of projects from start to finish; ensure that licensing is recorded and invoices are processed correctly.
· Assist with the administrative planning, scheduling and running of projects according to whole team production processes
· To pick-up additional responsibilities to assist with delivery of team objectives, as required by the Head of User Generated Content.
· Understanding of key trends of digital classroom teaching and the characteristics of high quality resources
· Computer literate on the following systems:
- MS Word – advanced
- MS Excel – intermediate
- MS PowerPoint – basic
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Professional but warm manner
· Must be detailed, organised and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to prioritise workload and adapt to new learnings
· Excellent problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
· Degree level or equivalent
· Teaching qualification
· Content Management systems – some experience
· Understanding of copyright and other media regulations
· Proven experience of devising, producing and delivering educational content for students and teachers
· Knowledge and experience of key issues within education and recent curriculum initiatives
· Experience in developing / writing educational materials (print and/or digital)
· Educational publishing background / editorial experience
· Classroom teaching experience.
· to be a team player
· to have a desire and passion to do a great job
· to have great attention to detail
· to be calm under pressure
· to be resourceful and willing to learn
· to be self-motivated, energetic, pro-active and uses own initiative
· to have a sense of humour
· to be prepared to occasionally work flexibly over weekends and Bank Holidays (should this be required and agreed with the head of department).