We are seeking a Cover Supervisor to join us as soon as possible. Cover Supervisors play a crucial role in supporting students during the short-term absence of their normal teacher.
You will be required to ensure students are informed of the work set and oversee the lesson in terms of classroom management and resourcing. In addition, you may also be asked to assist with school visits, invigilation and duties before/during/after school.
You should possess a calm, confident and assertive manner and the ability to relate well to young people to support learning. In addition, you will have a sound educational background and strong IT and organisation skills.
The job will require:
- Work to good numeracy, literacy & communication skills.
- Supervising and supporting students, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establishing good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Compliance with all school policies.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
Please note: You do not need to be Catholic to apply.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the school website. CVs will not be accepted. Please apply using the CES Application Form for Support Staff.
Closing date: Monday, 28th January 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed upon shortlisting
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).