Salary: Scale 1 Point 1- Outer London 2021
Contract: Permant / Term time only
Mon-Fri 07:45am - 3.00pm
With excellent behaviour, fantastic results and inspiring leadership, Guru Nanak Multi Academy Trust is a school in which both teachers and students flourish to reach their highest potential.
If you're looking for a School where safety, happiness and future opportunities for all our learners are at the heart of everything we do, then Guru Nanak Sikh Academy is the School for you. Whether it be for our staff or students, our aim is to support everyone to deliver and develop to be at their best. We take our responsibility for educating young people very seriously. We put teaching and learning alongside student progress and staff development at the heart of all we do.
At GNSA, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, positive and innovative Cover Supervisor with excellent communications skills. You will ideally need to have some experience of working with children, preferably in secondary education. The post involves facilitating the work set for students by their usual class teacher when that teacher is absent. This is not a teaching position but the Cover Supervisor is expected to ensure students remain on task and complete their work.
We place teaching and learning alongside student progress and staff development at the heart of all we do. The successful candidate will be supported with a full induction program tailored to their experience.
At our Academy, we promote the values of the Sikh community: serving others, humility, achievement, respect and equality. We are a school that has perfected the balance between our British heritage and the Sikh ethos. As a result, we welcome staff from a range of backgrounds and faiths to join our vibrant and inclusive environment.
We are a happy Academy with delightful, enthusiastic pupils, excellent hardworking staff, supportive parents and loyal governors. If you are interested in investing in your future alongside that of our future generations, then this is the School for you.
"Our children must be at the heart of every decision we make. I am aware of the responsibility that my staff and I have in ensuring that we deliver the highest standards of teaching and learning across the MAT. I strongly believe in creating opportunities for children to build their enthusiasm for learning". (Mr. J. Sidhu - Executive Principal).
Through the COVID Pandemic, we have supported our staff to work from home and had high level safety measures in place from the first lockdown and continued into September 2020. We were also one of the first schools to protect both its staff and students by making face masks mandatory and supporting additional measures for community safety and wellbeing.
If you are interested in investing in your future and that of our future generations, then this is the School for you.
We can offer you the following:
• Staff well-being;
• Perkbox available for GNSA staff with over 100's of perks/discounts available.
• Strong community spirit
• Vibrant mixed staff
• Positive student staff relationships
• Staff social events organised
• Great results in a supportive environment
• Strong Academic history
• Positive student and staff relationships
• Employer pension contribution – Teachers Pension Scheme (Teachers); Local Government Pension Scheme (Support staff)
• Season ticket loan – employees are entitled to apply for an annual, interest free season ticket loan for travel or apply for a bike loan
• Free Health and Fitness – full access to the Academy’s fantastic gym and fitness facilities • Free lunch and hot drinks – for staff who dine with students
• A commitment to Wellbeing — including;
- access to a counselor
- Perkbox staff rewards program including discounts at a great deal
- discounted local Health Club & GYM membership
- mentor program for all new staff
- Fully supported trainee Programme
- Two-Week half term in Autumn
- directed time in the summer term to prepare and be ready for the year ahead - allowing reduced stress build-up to the summer term
• Interest Free Loan for IT equipment
• Free Flu Jab (offered to all staff annually on site)
• Membership of Education Support’s Employee Assistance Programme.
• Clear ‘SHARE’ vision and values that promote academic and personal success and well-being
• Staff training, recognition and succession planning
• Certified CPD online course programs with access to a wide variety of training and qualifications
• Great succession planning and career pathways prospects
• Great transport links; Onsite parking, 10 minutes drive to Heathrow or M25, 15 Minutes walk to Southall Cross Rail Station
Great succession planning and career pathways prospects
Over 80% of current SLT have been promoted from within. A history of training and promotion from within, including staff who have trained and developed from LSA/PGCE staff to become teachers to key middle leaders and members of the current SLT.
Supportive training, recognition of good practice and NPQ qualification training.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in the role of Cover Supervisor. Please note the closing date for applications is 8th December 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.