Guru Nanak Sikh Academy
Hillingdon, United Kingdom
About Guru Nanak Sikh Academy
At our Academy, we promote the values of the Sikh community. However we also embrace our common British heritage and we would be privileged for you to celebrate this with us.
In 1993 Guru Nanak Sikh College (an independent school) was opened at the request of the community by our founder Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji, whose vision is that through education we can eradicate poverty and ignorance.
The Academy is an oversubscribed all through Academy in Hayes, Hillingdon. It currently has a 7 form of entry in the Secondary Phase with a Sixth Form and 2 form of entry in the Primary Phase.
Our 2016 results show above age related expectations in all areas of Primary and a positive Value added score for the Secondary stage at GCSE level with 73% securing an English and Maths.
We take our responsibility for educating young people very seriously. We aim to help them develop confidence and self-esteem and we are proud of all that our pupils and staff achieve. We are a happy Academy with delightful, enthusiastic pupils, excellent hard working staff, supportive parents and loyal governors. We welcome people from all range of cultures and faiths.
Our overall aim is to,
"provide an outstanding learning environment which challenges us all, staff and pupils, to achieve our full potential and to share our successes, knowledge and skills with the local, national and global community". (Mr R. Sandhu - Executive Principal)
If you are interested in investing in your future and that of our future generations, then this is the School for you.
We can offer you the following:
- Staff well-being;
- Strong community spirit,
- Vibrant mixed staff,
- Positive student staff relationships,
- Staff social events organised,
- Staff fitness club, discounted Panthers Health Club & Gym membership,
- Great results in a supportive environment;
- Strong Academic history,
- Positive student and staff relationships,
- Clear ‘SHARE’ vision and values that promote academic and personal success and well-being,
- Staff training, recognition and succession planning;
- Certified CPD online course programmes with access to a wide variety of training and qualifications,
- Great succession planning and career pathways prospects,
- Over 80% of current SLT have been promoted from within including staff who have trained and developed from LSA/PGCE staff to becoming members of the current SLT, supportive training, recognition of good practice, shadow training roles for middle leaders,
- Great transport links; Onsite parking, 10 minutes drive to Heathrow or M25, 15 Minutes walk to Southall Cross Rail Station,
Join our journey and make your next journey here
A good school that is effective in delivering outcomes that provide well for all its pupils’ needs. Pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education, training or employment.- Ofsted Report 2014