Curriculum Lead for Chemistry
with possibility of Director of Science
£25,000 - £38,800 plus TLR
An outstanding opportunity at an outstanding school
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
We are currently recruiting for a Curriculum Lead for Chemistry to join a team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13. RGS is a school with a very unique and broad Science curriculum where both A level and IB are offered at Key Stage 5, along with BTEC Advanced Science. Science rooms are undergoing a phased refurbishment over the next few years to provide the best possible learning environment for the students. This is an opportunity to join an outstanding department where Science and STEM are extremely popular.
This post has the possibility of Director of Science for the right candidate.
The Rochester Grammar School is the lead academy of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
The RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and was awarded National Teaching School status in March 2012. It is also an International Baccalaureate diploma school. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
What you will get from The Rochester Grammar School:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Engaged pupils who work in a calm and industrious manner
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Develop your subject expertise at the highest level
- Full induction and mentor programme for new staff
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped gym with fitness classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- Free parking onsite
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified Science Teacher
- Be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner
- Possess a depth of subject knowledge
- Be able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in becoming our Curriculum Lead for Chemistry or Director of Science then please apply today.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safe recruitment procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post are subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children’s Barred List check.