Cycle 1 (3-6) Lead Teacher
Montessori East is seeking applications for the position of Cycle 1 (3-6-year-olds) Lead Teacher. The applicant will be skilled and qualified to lead an authentic Montessori classroom in one of Sydney’s leading Montessori schools.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a vibrant school community with a dedicated staff and a committed parent body.
You will guide children in a prepared environment offering a full selection of materials and a beautiful outdoor area as integral parts of the child’s learning experience. You will be open to working on a supportive team dedicated to upholding the principles and methodology of Dr Maria Montessori. It is important that you are able to respond to individual student needs and abilities, and that you value children’s academic, socio-emotional and spiritual growth.
You would be joining our team at an exciting time of growth and expansion.
About the Role:
• Teaching Cycle 1 (aged 3-6 years)
• Full-time, Permanent and ongoing role
• Start date Term 1, 2020
• Pastoral care duties as required
Montessori East is located in a sought-after area of Sydney and within an easy walk of Bondi Beach. The school is a non-denominational and co-educational primary and pre-school for children aged 3–12 years. Most students entering our Cycle 1 classrooms have previously participated in the highly successful parent-child program for children under 3, located at our KIN Montessori Education Centre in Bondi Junction.
Montessori East follows the educational philosophy and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Recognised as a leading Montessori registered school, education is highly valued by our parents and alumni and we are proud of our involvement in the new AMI Global Schools Accreditation program.
The successful candidate will be a passionate educator with an embedded understanding and appreciation of the Montessori philosophy. You will have an AMI 3 – 6 Montessori Diploma and hold an Early Childhood teaching qualification covering the ages 0-6 (you will also be required to attain NSW accreditation).
You will demonstrate:
• A passion for Montessori education and a strong desire to work within a collaborative, authentic Montessori environment;
• The ability to promote a positive and supportive ethos for pupils where all are valued, encouraged and challenged to achieve the best they can;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, an energetic, positive demeanor and an ability to work as part of a team
• Must be a qualified Montessori teacher with an AMI 3-6 Diploma
• Hold an Early Childhood teaching qualification (0-6 years) recognised in NSW
• Possess 3 professional references
• Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
• Hold, or have the ability to hold a valid Working With Children Check (NSW)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Montessori East is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to satisfactory references, police clearances and a Working with Children Check.
Cycle 1 (3-6) Lead Teacher
Submit a current CV and cover letter to the Principal: email@example.com
Applicants must include 3 referees who may be contacted in regards to this position. Please address the criteria listed above in your cover letter.
For additional information about this position, you may contact Montessori East (02) 9130 8313 or visit our website www.montessori.nsw.edu.au