Due to increasing numbers and expansion, we are seeking a Deputy Housemaster to assist the Head of Boarding in providing each student with the very best in Boarding care. This is an exciting position where a diverse skill set is a prerequisite, as is an abundance of enthusiasm, energy, innovation and drive. Applications from teachers with previous Boarding and/or Leadership experience are encouraged but equally, for the right candidate, this could be an excellent opportunity to move into a first leadership role with possibilities in the future to progress further.
We are looking for someone who
- Will continue to transform the boarding experience for students, to act responsibly in the supervision, care and instruction of resident Boarders with a focus especially on our younger M1-M5 Boarders aged 11-16.
- Recognised teaching qualification, as they will work a 50% School timetable.
- We ideally wish to hear from applicants with specialisms in the subject areas of Physics, Drama or English.
- Committed to developing the boarding experience for students after school and on weekend experiences, contributing to extra-curricular programmes and activities.
- Flexible, outstanding Deputy Housemaster who will go above and beyond to make the living and learning experience for each child truly extraordinary.
- Enthusiastic, reliable, energetic, good behaviour management and self improvement skills.
In return we offer
Excellent facilities and comfortable accommodation, meals during term time, transportation to the School for a single person or couple in a supportive friendly environment with outstanding staff and exceptional students.
Full time and fixed term contract, starting in September 2019.
Contribution to EU pension
Access to state healthcare
Help with relocation
Professional development at the school is well supported and there are opportunities for growth.
The Boarding House: Our boarding facilities are truly remarkable. Having taken over a 4* hotel a few years ago, Boarding student numbers have steadily increased to a cohort of over 80 Boarders this year. The Boarding House is situated within an exclusive area and the building itself looks out over the neighbouring golf course and sea. The students have access to a wonderful range of facilities and it is a truly International environment with over 25 nationalities represented in the Boarding Student community alone. There has been much investment in the facilities recently and as the Boarding numbers are growing exponentially, with 100 anticipated in September 2019, the opportunities for career development continue to rise.
The School: Situated on a spacious, leafy campus with impressive facilities, Sotogrande International School is an IB World Day and Boarding School offering the IB programmes throughout from PYP in our Primary school, to MYP in our Middle School and through to the IB Diploma in our Upper school. Now in its 40th year, the school has grown steadily and enjoys a strong reputation for quality education in Spain. The student body will grow to over 1000 students by September 2019. We currently are full in a number of year groups and have waiting lists. We currently have 125 students studying the IB Diploma Programme in our Senior School, where academic standards are high. The most recently graduated cohort scored an average IB Diploma score of 34 points. We are not however just an academically focused school. Our drive is to educate the whole child and support students to find their own passions, drives and talents. Experiential learning and awareness of global citizenship are central to the schools mission and we would welcome applications from individuals who align with these drivers.
An up-to-date CRB check and 2 referees will also be essential to complete the application process. Applicants, in their letter of application, are encouraged to highlight:
- What their Boarding philosophy is
- How they would enhance our thriving boarding community further
- Why they would be suitable for the role
- What subjects they would be available to teach
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. For more details and additional vacancies, please visit our website https://sis.ac/