We are delighted to be recruiting for a teacher of Design & Technology to join our high-performing, forward thinking and cohesive department. Full time or part time hours would be considered Monday - Thursday (0.8 FTE). Immediate start would also be considered, if you would like to visit to discuss the position further, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We teach a rigorous academic curriculum with a clear focus on supporting all students achieve positive outcomes. You will work with the Head of Design & Technology, and the wider school team to continually drive attainment and standards across the department.
We seek a teacher who has the following qualities:
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• A supportive member of the team
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Well organised and motivated to support students of all abilities and needs
We welcome committed, dynamic and creative applicants with a passion for Design & Technology and the improvement of student attainment. NQT's are very welcome to apply.
Poole High School is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving families throughout the historic town of Poole. As the largest school in this selective catchment, we pride ourselves on the fact that all students thrive in this caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none. In 2019, Poole high School anticipate a Progress 8 score of +0.40 putting us well ‘above average’ for progress nationally.
We have high expectations of our staff, and we value them highly. Our school systems ensure you can focus on teaching high quality lessons in a sustainable manner – dealing with poor behaviour centrally, and limiting the amount ‘data’ we expect teaching staff to deal with.
The school has delightful landscaped grounds and is very well resourced, being located at the heart of the town with excellent access by road and public transport. The quality of life in Poole is good and there is easy access to diverse range of cultural and scenic attractions.
What we offer
• Students who are well motivated and co-operative
• Well managed behaviour systems
• Same-day detentions for poor behaviour and poor attitudes toward learning – leaving you free to teach high quality lessons.
• A school feedback policy that focuses around whole-class feedback helping to limit onerous marking.
• No formally graded lesson observations and an emphasis on ‘coaching’
• Collaborative planning with shared units of work and resources
• A centrally managed set of extensive ICT facilities running Windows 10 on the latest hardware and all the expected software. Easy requests for any specialist software to be installed.