Poole High School
Poole, United Kingdom
About Poole High School
Poole High School is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving families throughout the historic town of Poole. As the largest school in this selective catchment, we pride ourselves on the fact that all students thrive in this caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none. In 2018, Poole high School achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.20 putting us ‘above average’ for progress nationally.
We have high expectations of our staff, and we value them highly. Our school systems ensure you can focus on teaching high quality lessons in a sustainable manner – dealing with poor behaviour centrally, and limiting the amount ‘data’ we expect teaching staff to deal with.
The school has delightful landscaped grounds and is very well resourced, being located at the heart of the town with excellent access by road and public transport. The quality of life in Poole is good and there is easy access to diverse range of cultural and scenic attractions.
What we offer:
- Students who are well motivated and co-operative
- Well managed behaviour systems
- Same-day detentions for poor behaviour and poor attitudes toward learning – leaving you free to teach high quality lessons.
- A school feedback policy that focuses around whole-class feedback helping to limit onerous marking.
- No formally graded lesson observations and an emphasis on ‘coaching’.
- Collaborative planning with shared units of work and resources.
- A focus on professional continuous improvement within a brilliant workplace.
- An excellent mentor and support network for NQT’s & RQT’s.
If you are looking to teach within a highly professional and supportive comprehensive environment and would welcome the opportunity to work with us to enable all our students to reach their full potential, then we would like to hear from you.