Academy : Leeds West Academy
Job Title: Design Technology Technician
Hours: 37 hours per week, Term Time Only, plus 20 days – Temporary until 31/08/2019
Grade: B1 13-17 £17,391 - £18,672 (actual £15,948 - £17,122)
Accountable to: Curriculum Leader Technology & Work Related Learning
Purpose of job:
To contribute to key objectives of the Academy Development Plan, ‘Raising standards of achievement’ by; providing high quality technical support to staff and students within the Food, Textiles and Hair & Beauty area; preparation of apparatus/resources for practical lessons; maintaining high quality teaching environments; completing subject specific cleaning duties; maintenance of equipment; stock control; general administration tasks; reprographic requests for the department.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- All ordering and storing of materials/ingredients for Design Technology Department , this will include sourcing, costing and finding economical alternatives to maintain the relevant stock within the Area
- Preparation of all Food/Textiles for practical sessions including after school clubs
- Preparation and display of all health and safety requirements for all machinery and equipment in the Food/Textiles area and update as required to British Standards stated in the Area policy
- For health and hygiene purposes: an impeccable standard of food safety, hygiene & cleanliness is required for all rooms, equipment & resources in the Food Technology area on a daily basis; preferably Food Hygiene Certificate holder
- Checking and clearing/cleaning of all practical areas in Food, Hair & Beauty and Textiles at the end of each school day
- Production of teaching materials/resources and displays as directed
- Asset Management, fault reporting and service contract oversight of Food, Hair & Beauty and Textiles
- General administration tasks
- Reprographics as required by different technology areas
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expect all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and an enhanced DBS check.
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on Innovation, Leadership Development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
For further information please visit the Careers page of our website at www.leedswestacademy.org.uk. If you would like to apply, please complete the attached application and send to email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 22 November 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 26 November 2018
Start date: As soon as possible