Can you inspire our students in the subject of Design Technology and Art? Are you passionate about these subject areas, keen to find a job where you will love what you do on a daily basis?
Northwood School is looking for a Design Technology and Art Technician to support the teaching and learning of students within this department. We require an enthusiastic, flexible individual with a passion for education to work alongside our current team in the department.
Northwood School offers:
- Support for new members of staff
- A well-established induction programme
- Professional development
- Bike to Work scheme
- The full support of the Head of Department and colleagues
- A fantastic social life and loads more
- Northwood School is a highly successful, high performing 11-18 comprehensive in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
- The school is a dynamic and exciting place to work with a fantastic leadership team that is committed to making it great for people at all stages of their careers
- Judged 'Outstanding' - Ofsted October 2018
- Significantly positive value-added for the past four years. In 2019 our Progress 8 placed us in the top 5% of schools nationally
- The school is an impressive new building with fantastic facilities. The building is modern, light and airy giving the school a unique and special character
You will have:
- A good standard of education, (previous experience of working within a school would be an advantage).
- IT experience would be an advantage as there may be some administration duties involved.
- Be a reliable and enthusiastic person, with effective communication skills
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Is efficient, adaptable, personable and shares the vision of excellence within Northwood School
- Is looking for an exciting opportunity to work with Northwood School in order to drive their personal career forward and share and develop new ideas
- The successful candidate must have good knowledge of working with different machinery and materials. Machinery includes lathes, drilling machines, saws, laser cutters and other pneumatics. You will need to carry out basic maintenance and to retain a clean and safe environment for staff and students
Duties will include:
Preparing materials for lessons, setting up and distributing materials during lessons, carrying out safety checks at the end of each day, general administration and support for the D&T teachers and Art.
Applications will close on Thursday 9th December.
Why not use the TES application form and apply now!
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Northwood School reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Therefore, early applications are encouraged
The QED Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check with the Data Barring Service.
WELCOME TO NORTHWOOD SCHOOL
It is my pleasure to extend a very warm welcome to the Northwood School career site, which I hope you find both interesting and informative.
Northwood is a rapidly growing, popular, 11-18, fully-inclusive co-educatio...