Dixons Allerton Academy are looking to appoint a hardworking, determined and inspirational, Director of Learning for the English faculty, who can achieve exceptional outcomes that allows our scholars to have ambitious life choices.
Our Vision is to improve scholar achievement, develop character, create an academic culture and raise aspirations by ensuring daily practices are outstanding. Our values driven culture genuinely enables teachers to teach and scholars to learn.
Our Mission is that scholars leave here saying: At DAA, I developed good moral principles and achieved exceptional outcomes that allowed me to have ambitious life choices.
Scholars will learn that the core 'Values to Achieve' are: Happiness, Industry and Responsibility
Scholars will learn that the 'Keys to Achieve' are: Self-determination, Mastery and Purpose
The successful candidate will be:
· committed to the vision, mission and core values of the Academy
· able to demonstrate an understanding of, and take responsibility for, promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English
· an excellent teacher who will do whatever it takes to ensure the life choices of all Dixons Allerton scholars are maximised
· have a proven track record of raising standards for pupils of all abilities in a challenging environment
· be working in a multi-ethnic environment promoting social cohesion and challenging social barriers to progress
· have thorough knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments and how students learn
We moved to our new £27 million building in September 2013. The Academy is all-through from
3 -18 years of age, with places for 52 nursery children, 420 primary children, 1,200 11-16 scholars plus 240 post 16 scholars.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to provide a current enhanced DBS certificate and check via the Update Service or undertake an enhanced DBS clearance for the Academy.
All potential applicants are welcome to visit the Academy for an opportunity to learn more about us and our vision, mission and core values. For further details and information please contact
Ms. Bernadette Gill, HR Officer on 01274 770239 or access our website at www.dixonsaa.com.
To apply, please email application forms and covering letters for the attention of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 1 May 2018
Interviews/selection will be held Friday 4 May 2018 .