Director of Mathematics
This is an exciting and trailblazing opportunity to work in Birmingham's major University sponsored University Technical College (UTC) in the country. Our UTC offers 14-19 students the opportunity to undertake a highly regarded, technically orientated course of study at a specialist academy. Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA) is equipped to the highest standards and offers clear progression routes into higher education and the world of work, this has resulted in over 92% of our students in 2017 going on to study STEM undergraduate courses and higher apprenticeships across the country. Our huge popularity due to outstanding destinations and job opportunities means that our UTC in its sixth year is oversubscribed and consequently our Mathematics area is expanding. Due to this expansion we are seeking an experienced leader to join our Mathematics Department. AUEA will provide the rewarding experience of delivering exciting and engaging learning delivered in partnership with Aston University and our significant industry partners so that our young people are motivated to strive for excellence.
For further information about Aston University Engineering Academy, please visit www.auea.co.uk
As Director of Mathematics you will be the strategic lead in the development of our Mathematics Curriculum Area. You will have a detailed knowledge of Mathematics and have experience securing excellent learning outcomes for Mathematics and passionate about engineering.
AUEA will provide the rewarding experience of delivering exciting and engaging learning delivered in partnership with Aston University and our significant industry partners so that our young people are motivated to strive for excellence.
AUEA is a national lead school for F1 in Schools, Vex Robotics, Primary Engineer and Bloodhound rocket cars. Supporting both Secondary and Primary schools across the West Midlands
There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join us. You will become a part of a close knit leadership and school team, built on the ethos of collaboration and development. As a member of AUEA you will receive excellent Continuous Professional Learning (CPL), and as demonstrated by your predecessor, AUEA provides an outstanding platform from which to further progress your career.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An experienced middle leader with a proven record in leading teams and securing high outcomes.
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate a proven record in raising attainment in Engineering / Design & Technology
- Passionate about Engineering and Design & Technology
As a member of AUEA we will offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities including potential options for higher study through our sponsor Aston University including Post Graduate and Masters courses.
- Specialist Engineering Subject training from leading professional partners.
- Staff Benefits through the Aston University Staff benefits scheme including
- Term time Family day and TOIL options
- Access to Aston University’s £200 Million Gym and Leisure facilities for heavily reduced staff rate (from just £12 per month)
- Access to Aston University’s award winning nursery scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free Audiology, eye tests and health clinics via Aston University
- Hospitality discounts and hotel accommodation
- Sports coaching, Outdoor education qualifications, and Military training as part of CCF.
- Opportunities for international travel as part of our Austrian technical school (HTL) European partnership
- A close knit, friendly and supportive working environment
- Excellent ICT and learning resources
To find out more please visit: http://tinyurl.com/z7cnbbb and www.auea.co.uk
Application Deadline: 26th April 2018
Interview week commencing: 30th April 2018
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.