Oryx International School is owned by Qatar Airways and operated by Orbital Education for the children of Qatar Airways employees. The school opened its doors in 2016 and is now relocating to Barwa City where a purpose built, state of the art school is being constructed.
The school has committed, passionate and motivated stake-holders that have the students at the centre of everything we do.
We offer the rigour, breadth and balance of the English National Curriculum which will ensure all of our students from the 50 different nationalities will achieve success in the classroom, in one of the many laboratories, on the sports field, in the swimming pool, in the music room or on the stage of our 510 seat auditorium.
If you want to join our amazing team at Oryx International, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced teacher in your field
· Able to offer at least one extra-curricular activity
· Totally committed to helping your students to achieve success
In return you will be very well compensated and have many opportunities to develop as an educationalist and as a person.
Director of Teaching & Learning
As we move to our new campus in Barwa we are looking for applications from enthusiastic, hard-working and talented teacher with middle leader experience, who wishes to develop his/her career in an international setting. If successful, you would be joining a very supportive committed group of professionals with a mix of young and more experienced teachers. You will be working in a five star environment in a brand new, purpose built, and state of the art school.
We would describe our curriculum as broad and balanced. High quality teaching of every subject is paramount and we are looking for teachers experienced in working in all-through schools.
This post will be part of the school leadership team with particular responsibility, in the first year, for the day to day organisation and leadership of Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. This will focus on teaching and learning, the academic progress of all pupils and the line management of secondary staff. We have very high expectations of behaviour for learning and general behaviour including attitudes to learning, punctuality, social development and inclusion. This is an opportunity for the right person to establish an outstanding secondary school.
We are looking for an exceptional teacher with middle leader experience who is able to implement and quality assure secondary provision in terms of curriculum and setting expectations and routines. Knowledge and experience of current pedagogy and curriculum is essential.
Responsibility Allowances payable for suitably experienced candidates.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· A brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and that applications will be acknowledged on receipt via the system, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in Doha and via Skype.
Oryx International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful, a police check will be undertaken in the country of origin as well as a disclosure from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service, for UK residents past and present.