We are looking for a dedicated and detail-orientated individual to join Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace as Senior Administrator. Working under the instruction and guidance of senior staff to provide general administrative and financial support to the school, you will have experience in an administrative role and in a school or educational establishment.
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace (HPACR) is a two-form entry school situated in Penge, which is part of the London Borough of Bromley.
HPACR is an inclusive academy and we want every one of our children, from Nursery to Year 6, to have a truly happy experience at school. We strive to ensure that every pupil feels valued and safe. The children’s achievements are celebrated every day in their lessons and we are proud that they are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn.
We believe that through expert teaching and support all children can achieve to a high standard. Ultimately, our aim is to make sure that our pupils leave us feeling that they have succeeded both academically and in the extracurricular aspects of school life. We want our pupils to be thoroughly prepared for the opportunities that secondary school will offer them.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your role will cover the following main areas of responsibility:
- Senior administrative assistant, including supporting the office manager, training and developing administrative staff as appropriate and dealing with complex visitor and administrative matters
- Co-responsibility for the monitoring and follow-up of attendance and punctuality
- Admissions, acting as the first point of contact for admissions, including in-year admissions, open mornings, parents' evenings and family induction events
- Extended schools, including liaising with external providers, maintaining waiting lists and registers and creating and updating application packs
- A range of other duties, including basic first aid and medical attention for students
For a full list of responsibilities, please download the job pack.
Qualifications & Experience
- A good standard of education, especially in literacy and numeracy
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft software
- Knowledge of admission policies and procedures, and, ideally, experience of managing admissions systems
- Knowledge of the range of agencies that work with students and their families
- Basic knowledge of first aid (e.g. emergency first aid course)
- Knowledge of many of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Experience of working in a school or educational establishment
- Experience of meeting with parents/carers formally and informally
- Experience in a similar role
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace opened in September 2013. We are a vibrant, multicultural primary academy on the borders of Bromley and Lewisham with a clear vision for the future. We are a warm and welcoming academy where the chi...