Support the little learners of Harris Primary Academy Purley Way.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, experienced and dedicated Early Years Educator..
At Harris Primary Academy Purley Way, we are dedicated to shaping the young minds of our thriving academy.
Like you, we have high aspirations and ambitions for the children at the academy. There is a driving determination to ensure that all pupils and adults reach their full potential.
Our aims, visions and priorities for improvement underpin all our policy and practice and we revisit and reflect upon these aims, visions and priorities in our day to day work with the pupils and wider community.
As Early Years Educator, the purpose of your role will be:
- To work to support the learning of children in the early years classes, including undertaking occasional class cover as directed.
- To work under the direction of a Principal and the class teacher to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, groups and whole classes of children.
- To work under the direction of the class teacher setting up and developing learning opportunities in the indoor and outdoor classrooms.
- To play a full part in the early years team including monitoring and assessing pupils progress and reporting on their progress.
- To monitor, assess and support children that have additional needs as required.
- To attend phase meetings and staff meeting where appropriate.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way, in one of our other 49 academies, or in our central team.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with or caring for children of relevant age, supporting learning.
- The ability to establish good relationships with parents and families encouraging involvement in education.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Ideally, NVQ 3 or NNEB qualification or equivalent in Early Years and Childcare.
- Effective strategies for engaging children, motivating them to learn and managing behaviour.
- The ability to use ICT effectively for administrative purposes and to support learning
- Good understanding of how to use equipment and technology such as video, digital cameras, photocopier, especially for display purposes.
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- Understanding of key requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and ability to support learning and development of young children.
- Knowledge of school policies such as behaviour and ability to apply these consistently and fairly.
About Harris Primary Academy Purley Way
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way opened in 2016 with its first cohort of Reception children and their families, and now educates children from Reception to Year 2. Since 2017, the academy has been based in purpose built, three storey building, with state of the art technology and resources and facilities to support the school on its journey to Outstanding. Harris Primary Academy Purley Way will grow year on year to provide classes from Reception to Year 6 and offer three forms of entry by 2022.
Our Academy’s ethos is that ‘All children have the right to be safe, happy and respected so that they enjoy their learning and reach their potential’. It is our job as educators to ensure the right environment, opportunities and resources are available to enable this to happen. Showing Respect, Taking Responsibility and Making the Right Choices are the ‘Golden Rules’ which are instilled into our pupils as they become confident and caring citizens.
The whole community strive for Harris Primary Academy Purley Way to be best it can possibly be which is encapsulated by our vision statement: “Excellence for All”. Our core values of: Positivity, Excellence and Growth, underpin everything that happens in our academy and we have high expectations that these are followed and modelled by all staff, parents and children.
As a result of the exceptional practice at our school every single day our children achieve outstanding outcomes each year and we are incredibly proud of them. Alongside academic achievement, we want our academy to be a safe and caring space with the children excited and happy to come to school every day to learn, grow and develop.
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way is a new academy, which opened in September 2016 as part of the Harris Federation: a London based charity that has more than 20 years’ experience of running successful schools in London. The brand new ...