Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is an independent, co-educational, fully accredited school that will be opening brand new premises in August 2020. We will be catering for pupils from Pre-KG to Year 7 and plan to add another Year level each year.
As such, we are seeking a qualified, proactive, and experienced Early Years Teacher to join our dedicated Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) team in one of our Kindergarten or Reception classes. This post would suit NQTs or more experienced teachers.
We pride ourselves on welcoming new ideas and value the opinions of all staff on our journey of constant improvement.
In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
What you offer
You will be a creative and adaptable Early Years Teacher able to engage, inspire and extend our pupils through planning, preparation and delivery of excellent lessons. A teacher with a growth mindset who can reflect upon their own practice with the aim of instilling confidence and independence into our pupils so they develop into enquiry based learners.
- Qualified Teacher Status: A degree-level qualification in teaching (e.g. PGCE or Bachelor’s in Education).
- Successful and recent EYFS teaching experience or training in a UK or international BSO-accredited school.
- Proficient at delivering the EYFS national curriculum or similar child-led curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of early childhood teaching and learning strategies with a commitment to play-based child development.
- Able to assess and plan to meet the needs of all class pupils in the short, medium and long term.
- Make effective use of all resources, including support staff, to ensure children in your care receive an enriched education.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to foster good behaviour and build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check.
- Ability to use in-class digital technology to support learning and development in the classroom is an asset.
- Willing to make a significant contribution to our wider curriculum, including the development of extra-curricular activities.
- Competent IT skills with experience in using GSuite for Education (Gmail, google apps, shared drives, etc) as well as IT tools to record observations and assessment.
How to apply
Email your application directly to: email@example.com
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application (highlighting your EYFS experience)
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Sunday 26 January 2020. We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are positively encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Skype), telephone or in person if you are already based in Kuwait.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please take the time to read our teacher job description and any additional documents at the bottom of this page. Visit our website and Tes Career Site to gain a deeper insight into our school.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.