Dukhan English School is the true definition of a community school, where all are welcome. We are a vibrant and dynamic group of teachers within a supportive and encouraging community. DES, founded in the early 1950s, is a not for profit school owned and operated by QatarEnergy.
The school serves the Dukhan Township, comprising a diverse community of more than 40 nationalities. Our new purpose-built campus, which is nearing completion, spans 27 acres with state-of-the-art learning environments including a 800 seat auditorium, assembly hall for 1500, 3 sports halls, 2 large green fields, swimming pools and an all-weather pitch.
At DES we are committed to developing a culture of excellence in which our pupils and staff can flourish. We believe:
• Every member of staff is a role model for life-long learning
• In a culture of possibility, where all of us can make progress beyond what we imagine
• Every child in every classroom deserves someone who will champion them and support their personal and academic development
• In an evidence informed approach to teaching and learning that shapes our classroom practice
• In innovation and recognise we all make mistakes as part of the learning journey
• That generosity of spirit and our QP values lie at the core of our interactions both professionally and personally
We are seeking professionals who will:
• Be reflective practitioners committed to continued professional growth
• Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to support the development of the curriculum
• Provide classroom experiences centred around challenge and enjoyment for all students
• Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within the classroom, including the use of technology
• Preferably have knowledge and experience of teaching EAL students
• Be skilled in the use of both formative and summative assessment approaches
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children
We are seeking an Early Years teacher who:
• Has good working knowledge of the current Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
• Is able to provide enjoyable and challenging learning experiences for all students
• Understands how learners develop in their most formative years and can provide appropriate support to ensure high levels of development
• Creates language rich learning environments to ensure rapid English language acquisition and development of early reading
• Engages teaching assistants in the observation and teaching process, ensuring delivery of high quality instruction and accurate recording of achievement throughout
• Maintains accurate formative and summative assessment records
In return for your passion, successful candidates will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, which include generous tax-free salaries, an interest free car loan, schooling for up to four children, medical cover and airfares for the entire family. In addition to which candidates will benefit from free accommodation and paid utilities, a generous furnishing allowance and excellent leisure facilities within a private township.
Dukhan English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one-page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above, a full CV and a recent photograph. For August 2022 start.
1. General Information
Dukhan English School (DES) is one of the oldest international schools in the Middle East tracing its origins back to the early 1950s.
DES provides education for the children of QatarEnergy employees who live in Dukhan.