We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious project lead to support the successful operation of the EdTech Demonstrator Programme at Sandringham School. The programme is a Department for Education funded project made up of 55 demonstrator schools, of which Sandringham is one. The programme provides peer to peer support, helping schools and colleges with expert advice and guidance about integrating digital tools and technologies within education. More information about the programme itself can be found via https://edtech-demonstrator.lgfl.net/ or https://sandagogy.co.uk/edtech/ .
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of using digital tools within education and preferably have had strategic oversight of implementing technology within a school or college setting. Working with other schools and organisations is a fundamental part of the role and therefore having experience in this area would be beneficial.
This position is initially fixed term for one year and 0.6 FTE, however, depending on your subject specialism, we would be keen to combine this role with a 0.4 FTE teaching position to make this a full-time appointment. If this is of interest to you, please express this in your letter of application.
Sandringham has recently been awarded Teaching Hub status and the work will provide opportunities for collaboration across our region.
- We are a lead school in the World Class Schools network.
- Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school currently runs a Teaching School Alliance which from September will be a National Teaching School Hub, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School, Ridgeway Academy, Wheatfields Junior and Wheatfields Infants’ and Nursery schools. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation.
Application deadline: 9am on Monday, 12th April 2021. Application forms must be accompanied by a letter of application of up to two A4 sides.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Full details are available from our website. Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager via email at email@example.com. Please note we cannot accept CVs as a form of application.
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years