Who are tes?
TES Global’s story is an extraordinary one: its digital community on TES Connect is one of the fastest growing of any profession globally, and it boasts a 100-year heritage at the centre of the teaching and education community, with offices in London, San Francisco and Sydney. Today, TES Global has over 6.9 million teacher members in 197 countries across the globe and connects more than 72 million teachers and students. Up to 6.3 million resources are downloaded from the site a week, 13 a second. Home to more than 800,000 individually crafted teaching resources developed by teachers for teachers, this unparalleled collection helps to guide, inform and inspire educators around the world.
This wealth of resources allows education professionals to share and benefit from one another's resources and lesson plans, driving excellence in the education sector.
It is expected that the Product Developer – Digital Learning will be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills that are relevant to content development and/or learning technologies and platforms. Whilst post holders are likely to have a skills set that is stronger within either product development or learning technologies and platforms, all Digital Learning team members are encouraged to develop their knowledge and skills across the full range of functions within the team.
What will you be doing?
- Liaise with project leads, programme directors and course authors to support/create an instructional plan for course content.
- Guide and support course authors through the online content development process.
- Plan and design interactive course content in conjunction with course authors and the instructional design team.
- Review all content provided by course authors for pedagogic soundness, adherence to guidelines and basic spelling and grammar, and providing feedback as appropriate.
- Work as a part of a team to assemble the digital product in the required format(s), while ensuring it meets instructional requirements specified by the College.
- Investigate opportunities to work across other areas of TES on resource production, including TES Resources.
Learning technologies and platforms
- Ensure the effective use of learning technologies to maximise learning.
- Develop and maintain new and existing content delivery pages and functionality within the Learning Platform(s).
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of Learning Platform functionality and liaise with the Learning Platform Manager to ensure that it is optimised in course delivery and development.
- Keep up-to-date with developments related to learning technologies to maximise the opportunities they afford to the College.
Organisation and planning
• Assume responsibility for the timely development of online course content for assigned course sessions, modules, or course series.
• Attend and contribute to regular programme meetings for assigned programmes.
• Help maintain accurate calendars and schedules for the team.
• To maintain accurate project records for assigned development projects.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree, ideally in a technology or education related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a learning and technology related role.
- Demonstrable time management, planning, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with some evidence of writing or authoring ability.
- An ability to work well within project teams both internally and externally.
- An ability to quickly and confidently take on and learn new information.
- Positive and professional attitude with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A firm grasp of spelling and grammar.
- Excellent attention to detail (visual, textual and functional).
- Lateral thinking skills and an ability to make complex ideas accessible.
- Working knowledge of e-learning technologies and platforms and an ability to quickly learn/adapt to new technologies e.g. Moodle and Articulate.
What do you get in return?
Fixed term contract for 6 months, 25 days annual leave, 3% pension after probation, State of the art city centre offices, Access to a range of benefits vis perkbox, Discounted parking for city centre, a people centric culture all driven to achieve the same goal, a supportive and consultative environment, a highly experienced HR team, to support you with development.