ESF Educational Psychology Services Website: http://www.esf.edu.hk/educational-psychology/ ESF Educational Psychology Services is part of the developing services highlighted in the ESF Special Educational Needs Strategy.
Educational Psychologist – Special Educational Needs
Leading the delivery of psychological services and initiatives to support learning and wellbeing for a diverse range of students, including students with disability and/or additional learning and support needs. The Educational Psychologist is also responsible for the provision of services for both individual case-work, family support and advice to principals and staff.
• To undertake case-work with individual pupils with special educational needs.
• To assist schools in the assessment of children who may have special educational needs.
• To provide advice to schools on strategies for assisting children with special educational needs.
• To liaise with other agencies (including Government psychological services) to increase the assistance available to ESF and to ensure a concerted approach to meeting children’s needs.
• To convene and chair case conferences as necessary
• To contribute, as part of a professional team, in providing SEN services within ESF
• To contribute to the in-service training of teachers.
• To provide assessments of children who have applied for admission to ESF schools and who are considered likely to have special educational needs.
• Ensure opportunities are made available for consultation with schools, parents, students and community organizations to identify special needs requirements of schools and students.
This is a hybrid support staff contract
- A degree in psychology or equivalent, such qualifications that enable the incumbent to gain registration as an educational psychologist (acceptable to the British Psychological Society or equivalent for graduate membership).
- Mandatory: at least 5 years’ successful experience as an educational psychologist.
Desirable: at least 2 years’ classroom teaching experience and qualified teacher status.
A range of experience working with children and young people of all ages.
Professional competence and confidence in:
• Undertaking case work with SEN students (kindergarten through secondary)
• Undertaking assessments of potential SEN students
• Assisting schools, as appropriate, with assessments and case work
• Liaising with other agencies, as appropriate, in Hong Kong
• Convening case conferences
• Designing and leading in-service training for teachers and other professional staff
• Developing and supporting therapeutic and behaviour management programmes
• Preparing formal reports/recommendations concerning cases and interventions
• Developing and reviewing policies, as required
• A sound theoretical and practical knowledge of recent developments in educational psychology.
• Understanding of special educational needs philosophies and practices in; student services, special education, inclusive education, student wellbeing, child protection
• Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to promote and uphold the ESF Vision and Mission
• Lead different teams of people with effective communication skills, practical skills and a sound understanding of the impact of systems change in a school based setting.
• Establish positive relationships with secondary school staff, ESFC staff, parents and children
• Negotiate and influence positively
• Manage and resolve conflict
Closing Date: 04 Nov 2018
For enquiries, please contact Caroline Milburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.