Position: English and Religious Education Teacher
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 (pending experience)
Classification: Full Time, 1 Year Contract
Commencement Date: Term 1, 2021
Closing Date: Friday, 22nd January 2021 unless filled prior
St Anthony's Catholic College is one of Townsville's best schools offering Prep to Year 12 Catholic education, located in the rapidly growing Deeragun and Northern Beaches precinct with its motto being "Let Your Light Shine". It is a Townsville Catholic school in the Franciscan tradition and our community continues to be animated by the spirit of St Francis of Assisi. The College comprises state-of-the-art facilities situated in a peaceful bushland setting with extensive grounds and is well-resourced to support a committed and professional teaching staff in the provision of quality Catholic education for students in the Northern Beaches.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Anthony's Catholic College is seeking experienced and dedicated English and Religious Education Teacher. The Ability to teach Senior English (ATAR) and/or Cert IV in Christian Ministry and Theology would be an advantage. This role will commence in Term 1 of 2021 in a Full Time capacity. The successful applicant will be granted a contract for the duration of the 2021 teaching year, with the possibility of extension.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution(in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- Up to 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Attach a current Resume and Cover Letter including the details (phone and email) of at least 2 professional referees.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 22nd January 2021 unless filled prior.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education