Ajman Academy is a forward thinking and progressive school that places students at the centre of its decision making processes. Our aim is to create an inspirational and supportive environment for our students and teachers.
We seek an enthusiastic, talented and experienced English- EAL teacher to join our professional and talented team. The role involves a significant element of language acquisition work and the successful candidate will also work closely with the Additional Education Needs Department to support learners, particularly in Grades 6-7-8, for whom English is a second (or third) language.
The school is accredited to offer the IB Primary Years Programme and is a candidate school for Middle Years Programme in Grades 6 to 8. We then offer IGCSE in and AS/A levels for students from Grades 9 to 12.
Qualifications and Skills:
• A degree in a related field, plus appropriate post-graduate educational qualifications (teaching certificate, Master’s degree etc).
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant and successful experience.
• Native English speaker level of fluency in speaking and writing.
• Team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Record of appropriate professional development.
• Innovative and creative and good ICT skills
• Appreciation of the importance of confidentiality.
• Strong cultural awareness.
• Familiarity with phonics-specific programs.
• Previous experience of working with SEN / EAL students.
• Understanding of the development and implementation of IEPs.
We offer a competitive package including:
• Furnished accommodation in a lovely community.
• Medical insurance.
• 100% discount on tuition fees for two children at Ajman Academy.
• End of service gratuity.
Benefits cover the appointed staff member, spouse and up to two children.
Interested candidates shall upload their CV with a copy of their qualifications and any available reference information from previous employers.
UAE - Ajman
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years