Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: English/Humanities Teacher
Tenure: Full-Time Ongoing
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Southern Cross Catholic College is a primary secondary co-educational college that offers classes from Prep to Year 12. Our college motto "To Love, To Serve, To Shine" grows from our Christian values and lived through our commitment to inclusivity, community service and personal achievement as we walk in the footsteps of our Patron Saint, Mary Help of Christians. We aim to develop our students holistically in a school community that embraces the Catholic ethos, values each person and gives them a lasting sense of belonging.
We value effort and commitment and support and challenge our students to become their best selves. In doing so, we provide a school environment in which our students can grow holistically, and promote activities, processes and structures that enhance a love of life.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a passionate and experienced English/Humanities Teacher to join our team at Southern Cross Catholic College. This position is to commence Term 1 2020.
The English/Humanities Teacher is responsible to the Principal through the relevant members of the College Leadership Team and the Faculty Leader
- For the development and implementation for the designated areas of curriculum;
- For the students, fellow employees and his/her health, safety and welfare;
- For the maintenance any place or equipment designated or chosen for specific activities.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Highly developed collaborative or distributed leadership skills that will enable and empower others to collaborate effectively to achieve the outcomes
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
- Attach a cover letter introducing yourself, expressing why you are interested in the position and outlining your suitability for this position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications Close: 4pm Friday 13th December 2019 unless filled prior.