Who we are:
ISR International School on the Rhine gGmbH is a preeminent college prep school and an IB World School located in Neuss, Germany. Set in 110,000 square meters of greenery between the metropolitan cities of Cologne and Düsseldorf, ISR is home to more than 960 students from 45 nationalities. ISR is a privately financed, non-profit school offering an excellent international education from K-12. The staff at ISR is international, open-minded and dedicated to their work and our children.
We are especially proud of our Kindergarten where we take a holistic approach to early childhood education. Our Kindergarten motto builds on the existing school motto: ‘We plant the seeds to enable great minds and strong characters’. Because of our proven track record, we have grown steadily.
In April 2020 we will open a new branch of our Kindergarten in Niederkassel, Düsseldorf. This modern facility is being built with the children and their teachers in mind. The expertise and program of the Neuss branch will be transferred to the new branch.
What we are looking for:
An Early Childhood Expert and Educator to participate in creating and opening a brand new kindergarten for children ages 3 – 6 in April 2020.
• You should have a degree in Early Childhood Education or a teaching degree – primary level.
• Experience in schools or academic kindergartens is preferable.
• You must be a native English speaker.
• Extra qualifications such as a nursing degree or musical studies would be an advantage.
We are particularly looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about early childhood development and the well-being of children
• Is a flexible team player who builds relationships with students, colleagues and parents
• Creates a vibrant and structured learning environment
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills
• Keeps abreast of the latest trends and best practices in Early Childhood Education
• Is appreciative of, and sensitive to different cultures/backgrounds of families and colleagues
• Demonstrates a high level of attention to confidentiality
• Has the ability to use and integrate technology in the learning environment (PC, Interactive Whiteboard, Tablet, Apps etc.)
Most importantly, we are searching for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a real desire to help create a unique experience for our children in our new branch.
Your areas of responsibility will comprise:
Planning of lessons and daily routines
• Follow the program of instruction set out by ISR, collaborate with colleagues on a daily/ weekly basis.
• Teach the subjects English (phonics, language, handwriting), Mathematics, Social Emotional Learning, Mindful Motoric Movement, Arts and Crafts, Music, Science Projects, etc.
• Integrate a wide variety of activities and instructional approaches (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, etc.) to motivate and stimulate the learning of each child.
Assess Student Progress
• Monitor the children’s development, strengths and areas for further development
• Assess children’s performance and progress on a regular basis.
• Record or document findings
• Plan interventions to support the children’s learning environment
Management of the Learning Environment
• Design and set up the learning environment at the beginning of the academic year
• Guide the learning of a group of approximately 20 children
• Create a harmonious and engaging learning environment. Develop positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
• Establish rules and procedures
• Follow and comply with standards of instruction as well as health and safety regulations as stated by ISR and local authority.
• Establish a caring and secure learning environment conducive to optimal outcomes for all children.
Communication with Colleagues
• Participate in weekly meetings with the Head of Kindergarten – to review current KG issues
• Participate in weekly meetings with group/team– for lesson planning, reflection, sharing resources
• Communicate frequently with teaching assistants regarding the expectations for the group
• Inform Head of Kindergarten of any incident or accident that occurs within your group.
Communication with Parents
• Create and maintain an open and trustful line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
• Meet parents twice a year for Parent-Educator Conferences
• Participate in meetings arranged by Director or Head of Kindergarten with parents
• Prepare KG Times on a weekly basis, communicating the skills developed by the children.
Direct KG Teaching Assistants to ensure a high level of tidiness and cleanliness of the environment
• Direct the assistant in creating educational displays, games and visual materials
• Guide TAs in creating bulletin boards that correspond with topics and group work
• Supervise outdoor play
The above is by no means a comprehensive description of all duties, but rather an overview of areas of responsibilities related to this position.
What can we offer you?
• The opportunity to create a new and unique international learning environment for children 3- 6 years of age.
• A friendly, hardworking and supportive team
• A professional environment in which to work and grow.
Have we peaked your interest?
Please send your CV and a letter explaining your interest to: