Tsinglan School in Dongguan is currently interviewing highly qualified English teacher for a primary school position.
As a newly opened school we currently enroll students in our early education program (pre-k) up to middle school (grade 8).
We offer a very competitive salary, health insurance, housing allowance, and flight reimbursement home (one time per year). We generally require our teachers to work 20 lessons per week with classes that have approximately 15-20 students per class.
1. Responsibly plan and teach English Literature lessons and support students as a homeroom teacher
2. Contribute to and develop a comprehensive English Literature curriculum for Tsinglan School
3. Contribute to the active, co-curricular English Literature program at Tsinglan School
4. Help design and implement Reading Week, Multicultural Week, and other English-Literature-related activities for students of different ages (kindergarten, lower school, middle school, and upper school)
5. Create an upper school (grade 9-12) component to the English Literature program when the upper school is added
6. Support student learning by collaborating with other teachers and departments of the school, such as supporting ESL learning in other subjects and programs
7. Enhance the literary for students; help students with special literary talents move far in this area by recommending opportunities to them and possibly offering extra tutorials
8. Support the school’s commitment to the 4C skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in teaching and working with colleagues
9. Promote cross-cultural understanding among faculty and students
10. Participate actively in curricular work, curricular writing, and professional development within the curriculum group and the faculty at large
11. Whenever possible, become involved in interdisciplinary teaching with colleagues
12. Maintain positive relationships with parents and participate in parent-teacher conferences
13. Offer at least one elective or club for students each semester
14. Occasionally cover classes for colleagues
15. Assist with Foci-Learning Week, Summer School, Study Trips when possible.
16. Assist with other student activities when possible
17. Assess regularly and thoughtfully, both formatively and summatively, including midterms and final exams
18. Enter attendance records and grading data frequently into PowerSchool
19. Care for all students in class and actively report concerns and accolades regarding students’ progress in class
20. Support and work with the support staff where appropriate, including the admissions officers by writing and grading admissions tests
21. Be flexible, and assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the management.
1. Native Level English speaker with excellent verbal and written English language skills
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher degree
3. Teacher Certification/ Qualification
4. An effective teaching practitioner, evidence of good classroom practice
5. An effective communicator
6. Strong working knowledge of an international curriculum
7. Committed to the protection and safeguarding of children
8. Energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
9. Evidence of a commitment to the value of team work
10. A clear focus on standards in order to raise achievement
11. Evidence of competence in ICT skills