We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and passionate English Teacher to join our successful English Department which has 7 members of staff who teach across all abilities in all year groups, up to and including A-Level. The right candidate will have passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways to engage the students through a variety of different mediums, schemes of work and energy.
Applications from NQTs are welcome as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme. A management/ leadership allowance may also be available for an outstanding candidate able to take on additional responsibility.
Thomas More is a very stable school where positive change is taking place. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. Our 6th Form is rapidly growing in size. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas. We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Twilight CPD Sessions for all staff
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
- Opportunities for career development through our high commitment to CPD
Note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 20th June 2018
Interview date to be confirmed upon shortlisting
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).