After many years of dedicated service our Examinations Officer is retiring and we are searching for a new Examinations Officer to provide a comprehensive examinations service to students and staff at this thriving and busy school.
Kingdown School is ranked in the top 10 secondary schools in Wiltshire situated in Warminster in the heart of beautiful rural Wiltshire with excellent links to Salisbury, Bath, Bristol and the South-West. Kingdown School is an academy under the Acorn Education Trust providing exciting opportunities to improve local education and draw on the collective experience of a Trust.
For the successful candidate we can offer:
- enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning;
- a caring and supportive community environment;
- a commitment to health and wellbeing of staff;
- a commitment to professional development;
- the opportunity to work effectively with other schools as part of a multi-academy trust.
Usual working weeks for the role are 37 hours per week, 41 weeks per; this is a term time only, plus two weeks, position.
The role will include:
- The administration and organisation of all aspects of external and internal examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the awarding bodies
- Supervision of team of invigilation staff
We will pleased to receive applications from those who can demonstrate that they:
- Have superb organisational skills with an acute eye for detail
- Hold qualifications at Level 3 (A Levels, or equivalent), including GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have experience of managing a team of people
- Have outstanding ICT skills
- Be self-motivated, dedicated, consistent and have a confident, dynamic personality
- Work effectively under pressure
- Have very strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to work with a wide range of staff and students
- Be a really strong team player
- Experience of work within education
Please take time to read the documents below. If you would like to apply please use the "apply" button below. For a visit to the school or for more information please contact:
Teresa Barsby, Operations Manager, Kingdown School, Woodcock Road, WARMINSTER, Wiltshire, BA12 9DR. Tel: 01985 215551. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24th April 2019
The Kingdown School and the Acorn Education Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If successful in obtaining this post you will be subject to a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, as well as health screening.