We are seeking to appoint reliable Exam Invigilators to be part of our Exam Invigilation team to oversee our examinations at particular times in the school year. This a casual contract which would include attendance of team meetings and training events. The role involves setting up examination rooms, ensuring correct exam procedures are followed, distribution and collection of examination papers and monitoring students during the examination period.
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11–19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 11 and has a strong focus on Science and Engineering. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group, and achieving 'Good with outstanding features' in our first Ofsted. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites: Teddington, years 9, 10 and 11; Hampton, years 7 and 8. The school’s examinations will take place at our Hampton site.
This is a crucial role in supporting the school with the smooth running of the examinations and to ensure a consistent environment is maintained for all examinations to enable all students to perform at their best. You will join us at an exciting time with our first GCSE exams in summer 2020.
The successful candidate will: (see job pack for more details)
- Ideally have previous experience in a school environment or similar role (desirable but not essential, full training will be provided).
- Have good time management skills, be extremely organised and punctual and able to work under pressure.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a busy team as well as on their own initiative.
- Be able to deal with sensitive information in a professional manner and understand the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Be flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing operational needs.
We can offer:
- Full on-site training.
- A supportive working environment from dedicated and friendly colleagues.
- Opportunities to become Lead Exam Invigilator.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
To register your interest and receive a recruitment pack, please visit www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/vacancies.php
For more information on the school please visit our website and if you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8069 6100.
There is no closing date and candidates will be contacted when applications are received. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.