We are looking to appoint an inspirational EYFS leader and outstanding Reception teacher who will have an impact on the outcomes for our children through securing outstanding teaching across the phase. The successful candidate will be an individual who is creative and enthusiastic to join this happy and successful school and work within our leadership team. They will be teaching in the Reception class and as EYFS lead, will have the responsibility for teaching and learning, assessment and outcomes across our EYFS.
Applications are welcome from both practitioners who may already have some leadership experience within their setting, or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the pupils in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills as well as the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues
- Proven experience as an effective good and outstanding classroom teacher
- Experience of working with children of different ages within the Early Years
- Have the ability to lead aspects of school improvement and ensure that all children are given opportunities to excel
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
In return we can offer:
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider Cognita group
- Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Fee remission for children educated at Long Close School
- Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
- A newly refurbished Early Years setting
- And, most importantly, AMAZING children just waiting to meet you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a flourishing 2-16 co-educational, independent day school, part of the Cognita group of schools. If you are passionate about the life chances of young people and possess the expertise required to teach in an environment where children of mixed abilities excel, then we would love to hear from you.
Closing date Monday 21st october at 12 noon. Interviews to be held the same week.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. - No Agencies