Ark Walworth Academy is a thriving school in the heart of central London. We serve a vibrant, diverse community in Zone 2, with excellent access to all the city has to offer for students and staff alike.
We seek a Finance Officer to fulfil an integral role within the school, responsible for ensuring high standards of financial compliance. The Finance Officer will manage the daily and monthly financial processes within the organisation, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook, therefore candidates must have excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and be able to manage a number of tasks simultaneously. We welcome applications from ambitious candidates, keen to make a difference as part of the Walworth Academy family.
Our staff are:
• Committed, enthusiastic practitioners seeking to support excellent progress for our students
• Educators who aspire to the highest standards of behaviour, academic success, and wellbeing for all in our community
• Resilient, reflective and thoughtful professionals, seeking to develop themselves with us
In return, we offer:
• An externally recognised progression route with the support of a nationally recognised network
• Dedicated Network Leads for subjects and areas, providing cutting-edge training and development opportunities
• A fully accessible, well resourced, multi-million pound building in which to practice
• A school community with a genuine family ethos, investing in staff wellbeing with sports and events
• Varied routes into teaching and industry-recognised professional qualifications (ATT, PGCE, TeachFirst, NowTeach, NPQML, NPQSL, BA and Masters programmes)
• A comprehensive support and induction programme for all staff including accommodation in zone 2 available for NQTs and trainees.
• A dedicated Employee Assistance and benefits package from Ark
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found on our website www.walworthacademy.org. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
We look forward to receiving your application
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here , but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.