You will contribute to the key objective of the Academy Development Plan, ‘Raising standards of achievement’, by: effectively and professionally providing a range of administration duties; assisting with general office duties. Employability; support the development of a range of activities to enhance the personal and career development of students.
You will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the Employability Administrator and Finance Manager in the following areas, Work Experience, Work Related Learning, Admissions, Finance and General Office Administration.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for the annual Year 10 and Year 12 work experience placement programme
- Provide administration support for Employability Co-ordinator
- Arrange 1:1 appointments and provide information and administration support for our Careers advisor and Next steps co-ordinator.
- Designated UCAS Administrator in order to track pre-16 students and their onward destination plans.
- Support the Employability Coordinator with events, i.e. organising job fairs, workshops, CT Days, ICE weeks and PSHCE content
- Support the work related learning opportunities under the guidance of the academy Employability Administrator
- Assist with the delivery of the Year 10 & Year 12 Work Experience Workshops / Job Centre days to assist with administration and encourage students to gain placements best suited to them
- To supervise students on suitable trips and visits, i.e. careers and apprenticeship fairs, where possible.
- Liaise with businesses in and around the community to develop relations and secure Work Related Learning
- Support the collation and preparation of data and other management information as required.
- Assist with obtaining information from current school (behaviour, attendance, progress)
- Undertake invigilation for Admission testing
- Liaise with Heads of Department regarding Test Marks and setting
- Arrange student log ins
- Forward completed admission documentation to appropriate Year Manager
- To raise purchase orders on behalf of the Trust by processing internal requisitions
- To match invoices to appropriate purchase orders, code non purchase order invoices and obtain budget holder authorisations for payment
- Input weekly / monthly journals as directed by the Finance Manager
- Contact new / existing suppliers to ensure purchase ledger records are up to date and accurate
- Scanning invoices for input into the PSF purchase ledger
- Reception duties as required, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries, dealing with staff and visitors in compliance with safeguarding protocols
- To issue locker keys as and when required ensuring accurate records are maintained and all deposits are transferred to the Finance Manager
- Liaise with the Finance Manager with regard to student locker deposit refunds. Update records accordingly
- Update SIMS each week to amend Free School Meal records
- Undertake reconciliations of the Academies Free School Meal records to those of the Local Authority
- To arrange the secure offsite storage of confidential student / staff records. Maintain accurate records
- To arrange Photo ID cards for all new staff and amendments as and when required
Leeds West Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school with an Ofsted rating of good with outstanding leadership. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ and download an application form. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to visit our Academy please contact Mrs Yvonne Hare at email@example.com who will be happy to arrange a tour at your convenience. Visitors are welcomed and strongly encouraged.
Closing Date: 2 December 2016 at 12 noon
Interviews to be held week commencing 5 December 2016