The role of Financial Business Analyst is to support the development of new financial reports and data benchmarking products as part of a growing suite of intelligence products and services offered by Times Higher Education to the higher education and financial services sector.
· Responsible for the development of new financial analyses from concept through to delivery.
· Building a strong understanding of financial datasets e.g. financial statements, p&l accounts, regional accounting standards within the higher education and wider financial services sectors.
· Working with the product and development teams to understand customer requirements and contribute to the development of financial reports and tools to answer their needs.
· Ensuring the quality, validity and applicability of the data for the final product.
· Enhance and develop new processes and reports to aid and improve financial data products and services.
· Excellent analytical skills and experience in querying and analyzing large volumes of data
· Highly numerate with knowledge of accounting e.g. p&l, financial reports
· Ability to understand and interpret the links between data and performance, identifying trends and anomalies.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentational)
· Process driven with meticulous attention to detail.
· Logical thinking and problem solving ability, innovative at creating solutions.
· Strong drive, self-motivated. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to write queries in SQL
· Understanding of financial accounting in higher education sector.
· Professional accounting qualification or working towards qualification