30 hours per week, 39 working weeks (term time plus 5 non-student days)
Maltings Academy is graded ‘Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. Staff benefits include a Health Cash Plan, Local Government Pension Scheme and discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Food Technology Technician to join our Technology team, providing practical and administrative support to teaching staff to support food technology lessons.
The successful candidate will have:
- Food Hygiene Certificate (or be willing to undertake this training)
- Experience of food preparation and cleaning with knowledge of good food hygiene practices
- Great organisation skills
- Great people skills
- Good IT Skills
Hours are 30 per week, term time plus 5 non student days. Start and finish times will vary annually according to the teaching timetable but you will need to be able to work between the hours of 0830 and 1500 over 4 or 5 days per week. There are two compulsory induction training sessions for all new starters which take place on Mondays from 315-430pm.
This role is based at Maltings Academy. However, as we work closely with New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham), all new contracts are to work across both academies. The position is due to start as soon as possible.
Please contact David Maclean, Head of Technology, Art & Hair for an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit to the academy - firstname.lastname@example.org
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 9 September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduateshttps://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.