FULL TIME HEAD OF MUSIC
Required for January 2020
“This is a good school” – Ofsted Nov 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, enthusiastic and talented leader to join the Music department from January 2020. We would welcome applications from both aspirant and experienced leaders.
Are you passionate about music teaching and creating an engaging and enriching musical curriculum with exciting opportunities for students? Do you wish to empower learners to enjoy, respect and achieve in their musical journeys and outcomes? Are you an innovative and reflective practitioner with a clear vision of outstanding practice?
Are you able to:
• Inspire and innovate?
• Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)?
• Create independent and resilient thinkers?
• Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation?
• Optimise musical learning for all?
Then come and see us. In return we can offer:
• A supportive learning environment with a team that will make you think every day, with additional timetabled sessions dedicated to your own professional development;
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our young people;
• Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn in our ‘good’ school;
• The benefit of being part of a multi-academy trust offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression;
• Access to a comprehensive staff wellbeing and discount scheme
Priory School is a mixed 11-16 School with around 1200 students on roll situated in the heart of Southsea. Our pupils come from a very wide range of backgrounds and our community is truly comprehensive, harmonious and dynamic. Priory school is proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust. We have been graded as a good school at our last Ofsted inspection (November 2016).
Priory School Safeguarding Statement:
Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Closing Date: Friday 18th Oct 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: Week commencing 21st Oct 2019