We have a number of exciting opportunities available now at Southend Adult Community College - a consistently good provider as graded by Ofsted.
Hours: Monday – Friday, possibly some evenings
We have an exciting opportunity at Southend Adult Community College for a full time vocational Tutor
The purpose of this role is to teach and engage with our younger learners, in order to give them the skills they need to have a better and brighter future. To do this successfully you will:
- need to be passionate and experienced at delivering high quality teaching in childcare, other vocational areas related to working with children and Health & Social Care.
- have current occupational knowledge and experience
- have substantial experience of teaching 14 – 18 year olds and a track record of successful learner outcomes
- have experience of embedding maths and English Functional Skills
- hold a Diploma in Education and Training at Level 5 or equivalent
- hold an Assessor qualification
- An IQA qualification is desirable but not essential. Experience of using Onefile e portfolio is desirable
We offer excellent support, training and mentoring to all new members of staff.
This role will require an enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th June 2019
To apply please visit our website: www.southend-adult.ac.uk. If you have any questions regarding this role or experience difficulties applying online please email email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Southend Adult Community college welcomes applications regardless of gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and that students and staff can study and work in an environment free from harassment and bullying.
Southend Adult Community College aims to achieve curriculum excellence by promoting consistently high standards of teaching, learning and assessment across all provision. We expect all academic staff to take Personal Responsibility in Delivering Excellence (PRIDE).