Exeter School is looking for a Gardener/Groundsman to join our Operations team as soon as possible.
The postholder will report to our Operations Manager but on a daily basis work will be directed and tasks set by the Head Groundsman.
In general, the duties required of the post holder are to work as an individual and as a team member of the Operations team, assisting in the running of the School.
Key tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
• Upkeep of the garden and amenity areas.
• Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed and border preparation, planting and sweeping.
• Lawn maintenance and cultivation.
• The use and maintenance of hand tools.
• Operating and using the grounds tractors, light machinery and plant.
• Using cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers.
• Assisting the groundsmen with the preparation of sports facilities as required.
• Providing evening and weekend cover for School functions where and when required.
• Providing site security in or out of School hours.
Owing to the nature of the work, the physical fitness of the employee is essential.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button to access the Exeter School Application Form - this form must be completed in order for us to consider your application.
A completed application form, together with a covering letter should be uploaded to the TES jobsite or sent by email to the Bursar's P.A., Mrs Julie Furniss (Tel: 01392 258712; email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19th June, 12 noon
Interviews will be held as suitable applications are received.
This post falls into the category of Regulated Activity. Exeter School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.